Login    Register

Help File Questions/Updates

Greetings and salutations. Say hello to your fellow players!
  • Author
Help File Questions/Updates

Postby Zax » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 pm

A few questions about & suggested updates to the help files...

1) Spell Energy Drain says save is for 1/2 damage. Should say save is for negation. Should also add note that resist drain gives two saving throws.

2) Spell Protection from Breath entry says damage is reduced by 1/4. Does this mean the victim takes 25% damage or 75% damage? I think the question may be moot because I think these spells actually reduce breath damage by 50%. In any case, the entries should be clarified

2a) If I'm correct in that Protection from Breath spells reduce damage by 50%, then the entry for Resistance, needs to be updated to say that Protection from Fire/Cold/Electricity/Energy and Resist Fire/Cold/Electricity/Energy combine with appropriate Protection from Breath spells to reduce the damage inflicted to 1/4 of the normal damage, not 1/8 as stated in the entry.

3) Spell Haste entry says the duration is 10 hours but experience tells me the duration is based on the level of the caster. Can anyone confirm which is correct?

4) Spell Know Alingment - As noted in the thread on alignment restrictions, a note should be added to this spell noting that it is useful for classes with alignment restrictions, i.e. Ranger, Druid, & Paladin and combinations thereof, particularly Dr/Ra.
Zax...
Zax

Re: Help File Questions/Updates

Postby luna_sexton » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Yeah. Lots of help files need to be updated. If you have any good help file ideas then email them to me and I'll add them to the mud.
Things like Resistances, Skills, and spells could always use more updating.
ps. Fixed my computer screen! no need to buy a new one
luna_sexton

Re: Help File Questions/Updates

Postby Scalamoosh » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:55 pm

Mage Polymorph help text looks great now. We should add Druid change form to the list to receive a similar face lift.
Scalamoosh

Return to General Discussion