Login    Register

Druid Transport via Plant

Greetings and salutations. Say hello to your fellow players!
  • Author
Druid Transport via Plant

Postby Tyme » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:31 am

Would it be too overpowered to maybe have Transport via Plant able to init a zone for say twice the normal mana or even 100 mana total or something? As it is, with Druid only being a creeping and reincing type of a class, most of use just use a tri to go around and collect potions or gold, but it'd be fun to be able to do those kinda runs through transport to spice things up, instead of being limited to astral to init a zone that has a tree in it you already know about. Any thoughts on that? I'd play the wa/dr more if this were implemented instead of just storing him until i need creep or reinc...it's a fun class for sure!
Tyme

Re: Druid Transport via Plant

Postby Glenn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:11 pm

I personally don't think it would be overpowered at all, in fact, I've always thought this was a dumb part of transport/plant gate. I get portal having to have things loaded because it's way more versatile. The problem I see is possibly in how it's coded and trying to change it. Trying to get it to work without having to hard code all the trees into the code itself (thus having to update it anytime a tree is added to the mud) could be an issue. I have no idea I've never personally looked at that part of the code, just guessing at how it might work. I assume it works exactly like doorway/portal but has more checks on the target to make sure it's a tree.
Glenn

Postby Maxum » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:56 am

Transport via plant can be used to init zones, it has been the case since before we got the code.
The trees just get added to zone 1 that loads on startup and never shuts down.

It appears there are one or two missing from the list though, so if you find any trees that don't work post them here.
Please include the zone name as the tree descriptions are very vague.
Maxum
Site Admin

Postby Lennya » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:11 am

It appears there are a couple of trees that no longer init their respective zones when tvp'd to:

Aquallia - Conferva
Battle of the Bones - Braeburn
Civilized Phlan - Phlan
Clock Tower - Breadfruit
Red Fog Cemetery - Kalos
Sulphur Winter - Gzoobaa

Then there's the tree in Hollowford (ND), called Sourpuss that gives a whole new funny message: That tree is nowhere to be found!

The others on my list work fine as far as I can tell, some connectors were inited so I can't be sure about those.
Lennya

Postby Maxum » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 am

All updated, will show on next reboot.
Except Hollowford of course, that's an incomplete zone.
Maxum
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion