Login    Register

Hello, friends.

Greetings and salutations. Say hello to your fellow players!
  • Author
Hello, friends.

Postby Mercedes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:43 pm

You've seen me on these past two weeks as Mercedes and a few newb chars that don't count. I wanted to post a hello.

It's been a long time since I played on a MUD but a little nostalgia raises its head. I played Shadowdale MUDs from about September of '93 and very heavily at times. I was never a very successful 'power player' or 'leet' or what have you. I get alt fever. For whatever reason, it was more satisfying to me to gain early levels over and over than to score a RESIST BLUNT item.

Plus, there was a great deal of unpleasantness in the SD administration. It wasn't until that nostalgia kick took me to Luna/Sexton's Reddit posts that I realized how deeply different that GNS might be if I came back. So I have, cautiously. I even claimed to have not been around for the old days because I just didn't want to run into those personalities.

But I haven't. It's been a real treat. Sure, the MUD is very quiet but it's quick, stable, and you guys are great to play with when we're on at the same time.

So hullo. Glad to be here.
Mercedes

Return to General Discussion