Login    Register

Item Lists

Got a guide to help out other players? Share it!
  • Author
Item Lists

Postby Lennya » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 pm

I think this deserves its own thread, credits to Luna for thinking of posting it.

phpBB doesnt accept files larger than 256kB, so here's mine, split up in three parts. You'll have to glue them back together yourself:
Attachments
ItemListPart1.xls
excel sheet part one
(200.5 KiB) Downloaded 1901 times
Lennya

Re: Item Lists

Postby Lennya » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:09 pm

part 2:
Attachments
ItemListPart2.xls
excel sheet part 2
(199 KiB) Downloaded 1822 times
Lennya

Postby Lennya » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:09 pm

part 3:
Attachments
ItemListPart3.xls
excel sheet part 3
(218 KiB) Downloaded 1848 times
Lennya

Re: Item Lists -> Python script to query csv spinoff

Postby Dalker » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 pm

I've been fiddling around with the items list provided above. They don't seem that complete or up to date, but still useful if made easier to query than Curiosity's database. For that purpose, I've copied the contents into a single file, then exported it as a csv (comma-separated values file), and finally written a tiny Python script to query it. The csv file and Python script are provided in the zip file below (the forum doesn't accept random file extensions, so I had to put them into a zip).

To use them:
- extract files into a single directory
- run the Python script from within that directory, invoking it with one or more keywords as arguments
The keywords correspond to parts of the 'name' in the original spreadsheets above, which seem to be keywords that may be used with the 'look' command when looking at the object (rather than the actual full name of the object).
Output is hopefully nicely formatted. Suggestions welcome (and I'm not sure what the one-letter columns really mean in the original files, so I just grouped them under the name "short flags" - they may mean which classes can use the item - or not)

Obviously to be able to run the script, you need Python (python3 to be precise) and some way to pass arguments to the script (eg from any normal shell / command-line interface). If necessary, adjust the shebang first line to point to the location of the python3 interpreter.
Attachments
gns-items.zip
(47.32 KiB) Downloaded 1740 times
Dalker

Postby luna_sexton » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:01 am

:D :D :D
Very Nice!
luna_sexton

Return to Player Guides